Academic institutions an academic libraries play their significant role in given proper direction to the cultural, political, social, scientific and Technological Development of the nation. These two go parallel and help in promoting the formal educational for overall development of the student. If the academic institution the body then library is the soul of it . The Ramkrushna Mahavidyalaya, Darapur is established in 2000 at the same time the library was also come in to existence.
Objectives of Library
- Providing an dagile service which reflelcts the changine educational environment.
- Facilitation access to the universal collection of knowledge in support of the Universities mission.
- Delivering accessible, reliable and innovative digital technologies.
- Harness in and promoting resources in a range of formats from print to digital.
- Building information skills for life.
- Demonstrating a commitment to high quality customer service
- Publishing the new important information within the researchers in the university.
- Co-operating with other specialized libraries.
Services & Facilities Offered
- Circulation Services
- Reference Services
- Bibliographic compilation
- Computer and printing
- Inter- Library loan
- Power back up
- Information display & notificati
- Book Bank
- public Services
Status Of Automation : Partially Computerised By using SOUL soft
Total Carpet Area : 1380 sq. ft.
Staff of Library
Teaching Staff – 01 Non Teaching staff – 01
Sr. Name Designation Qualifications
01 S.B. Sangole Librarian M.Lib. Sc., M.Phil.
02 P.R. Sharma Library Attendant H.S.C
Library Advisory Committee
- Prof.Y.V.Harne Chairperson
- Mr.A.B.Bhagat Member
- Mr. S.A.Tayade Member
- Mr. S.M.Hadole Member
- Mr. S.B.Sangole Secretary
Following are the major Responsibilities of the advisory Committee
- To Decide Aims and objectives of the Library
- To Allocate the Economic Resources on Various Assets
- To Determine the Policy of Library
- To Improve the Services of Library
Working Hours of the Library:-
Library is kept open from10.30am to 6.00pm [Monday to Friday] & 10.30am to 3.30pm [Saturday] User a are free to enjoy the facilities offered by he library during this period. Howeure on Sunday & holiday Library is remain closed.
Book Bank Services :-
Book Bank is the Scheme is beneficial for all the college students. In order to mitigate the difficulty of non availability of books to the students belonging to the college the Book Bank Scheme has been started in the college. Under the scheme banks provide set of text books for the session. The set of text books can be used for one year. Once issued books are taken return back as the University exams. get over.
Follwing are the Rules for the Book Bank :
- Books should be returned on or before the last date stamped below.
- Defaulters will have to pay late fee of Rs. 2/- per day till it is returned.
- Student will be responsible for lose or damage of book.
- In the event of its being lost or damage of book. In the events of its being lost or damage he/her shall replace it or pay the current cost of replacement + 10% service charge. If a book is “Rare” one He/Her shall be required to pay such compensation as librarian may think proper.
- Since only one book is being issued, the other books required in that year can be circulated amongst students themselves, but students are responsible for the book they have borrowed.
- The books will be issued on first come first serve basis.
- This facility is being extended for the benefit of the student community and it is going to continue for many years in future. In this view students are requested not to write anything. (Names, Marking etc.) in the book and maintain the book intact.
- Students will be penalized for not maintaining the book in its original condition.
- Student’s cooperation is required for smooth running of the book bank.